BBBS is committed to upholding the highest ethical standards. We do this by conducting our business with maximum integrity and by achieving full compliance will all applicable laws, rules and regulations. In line with this commitment, BBBS provides an avenue for its employees, Board members and other stakeholders to report any concerns they may have about the activities covered by this policy and to be assured that they will be protected from reprisal or victimization for reporting their concerns in good faith.
This policy covers instances where an employee, Board member or other stakeholder has evidence of activity by any BBBS officer, employee, Board member or consultant (including external auditors) that to his/her knowledge constitutes:
- Accounting, auditing, or other financial reporting fraud or misrepresentation;
- Violations of federal or provincial laws that could result in fines or civil damages payable by BBBS, or that could otherwise significantly harm BBBS’ reputation or public image;
- Unethical business conduct in violation of any BBBS policy;
- Harassment, bullying, mistreatment, the use of threats or the making of unfair demands by any employee(s) or Board member(s);
- Danger to the health, safety, or well-being of employees, Board members and/or the general public; or
- Harassment, retaliation, or discrimination, stemming from having reported a Reportable Activity.
For the purposes of this Policy, any of the foregoing activities shall be deemed to be a “Reportable Activity”.
BBBS will not permit any employees or Board members or consultants to harass, retaliate or discriminate against any other employee, volunteer or stakeholder who, in good faith, has reported a Reportable Activity (a Complainant). Retaliation in any form will not be tolerated.
Any violation of this Policy may subject the hereviolator to disciplinary action, which may include, in appropriate circumstances, termination of employment and/or legal action.
Making a complaint not in good faith will be viewed as a serious offence, and may be subject to discipline up to an including discharge of an employee, and/or the severing of the relationship with a Board member, supplier or other stakeholder.
To view the full Whistleblower policy, please click here.
To download a copy of the Whistleblower Form, please click here.
CHROME USERS: Click on the drop-down box (little arrow to the right of the file) next to the downloaded file at the bottom of the screen and click either “Open with System Browser” OR “Show in folder”. This will allow the links to work properly in the form.